▪ Must be 25 years of age with valid drivers license to rent any boat
▪ Renter must be present to complete rental contract.
▪ Everyone onboard needs to know in advance what is expected of them and where they can find needed equipment. The safety briefing includes information on the location and proper use of life jackets (PFDs), fire extinguishers, sound producing device and first aid kit. Hidden Harbor Water Rentals staff will explain emergency procedures, rules prohibiting the discharge of litter or waste overboard, operating under certain weather and/or water conditions, anchoring procedures, docking and line handling, and the dangers of falling overboard. Hidden Harbor Water Rentals staff will complete a checklist to ensure that each topic has been covered. The checklist will be signed by Hidden Harbor Water Rentals staff and the Operator. All renters and those who plan to operate/drive must be present at time of instruction.
▪ All those who plan to operate/drive one of our boats must be instructed by Hidden Harbor Water Rentals. Instruction includes watching an instructional video, filling out applicable forms, and completing a Motorboat Rental Examination. Qualified persons other than renter whom plan to operate rental equipment MUST be present with renter for full instruction and will be required to fill required forms.
▪ If your group is larger than the boat’s capacity (even if not everyone will be using or riding it at the same time) you must call for approval. We reserve the right to refuse service and rentals to very large groups or parties (ie. reunions, large family gatherings, wedding receptions, corporate parties, and the like). It is best to call if you have a large group.
▪ All persons involved with our activities acknowledge that said activities are potentially dangerous and agree to hold Hidden Harbor Water Rentals, all owners, employees and affiliated properties harmless.
▪ Hidden Harbor Water Rentals will ensure that each rental boat is safe to operate and complies with all Pennsylvania boating safety requirements.
▪ We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone whom we feel is not capable, mature, and/or comfortable enough to operate our equipment.
▪ We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
▪ Reservations are strongly recommended and encouraged.
▪ Walk-in traffic will be accommodated based on availability. We recommend that you call us first.
▪ 30% or $100, whichever is greater NON-REFUNDABLE reservation deposit is required to be placed on our reservation schedule. Please be certain of your reservation prior to making a reservation.
▪ Within 7 days of your rental you are responsible for the FULL RENTAL AMOUNT. If you must cancel for whatever reason it is in your best interest to call us at least one full week prior. Our season is very short (10-12 weeks) and so we must be able to rent when we can.
▪ Reservation deposits may be paid by Visa, MasterCard, or Discover. Check deposits are available for early reservations (credit card, not debit card, is required to have on file).
▪ We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
▪ Customers must have a Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit card (not debit card) on file in the event of damage to the equipment. The person renting must be the same person on the credit card. You may, however, pay with a debit card, credit card or cash.
▪ All credit card transactions must be made by the person named on the card. A valid drivers license must accompany the credit card.
▪ No cancellations will be accepted other than as stated in “Reservations”.
▪ We reserve the right to cancel your reservation for violations of our policies.
▪ We reserve the right, solely at our discretion, to reschedule and/or cancel your reservation in the event of inclement weather. Please see “Weather” for more details.
▪ No refunds for early returns.
It is inevitable that reserved equipment will occasionally be unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances at the time of your rental reservation. We reserve the right to offer you substitute equipment of equal or greater value in lieu of the originally reserved equipment at no extra cost to you. If no alternate equipment is available, we really have no choice but to reschedule or cancel your reservation.
▪ We require a pre-authorized credit card imprint in the amount of $500 on each motor powered equipment.
▪ Renter is responsible for any and all damages to our equipment, while in your care, up to and including replacement cost.
▪ Renter will receive copy of damage deposit back if equipment is returned unharmed
▪ All Damages in excess of $100 must be reported to Hidden Harbor Water Rentals and local law enforcement immediately.
▪ If damage occurs repairs will be made by a local qualified boat shop our discretion.
▪ Hidden Harbor Water Rentals wants the following to be known: Damages greater than $100 are very infrequent (normally no more than 2-5 occurrences per year). We do not profit from damages. The renter is responsible only for exact cost of repair and/or replacement. We do not charge for equipment downtime or the time it takes Hidden Harbor Water Rentals to coordinate repairs.
▪ Hidden Harbor Water Rentals offers no insurance coverage on equipment during your rental.
▪ Please check with your homeowner, auto, or credit card company to see if there is an insurance option available to you.
What constitutes good and bad weather for water sports activities is highly subjective. The following are things the renter shall keep in mind regarding weather:
▪ As mentioned in “Cancellations”: We reserve the right, solely at our discretion, to reschedule and/or cancel your reservation in the event of inclement weather.
▪ Multiple-day rentals do not get refunds or additional days added on to rentals because of lost days due to weather. This is reflected in the discounted price of the multiple-day rentals.
▪ While Erie, PA summers are generally known to be very nice, we understand that there are certain weather related events that make our rental activities unsafe. Obvious cancellations include all day thunder, lightning, and/or rainstorms.
▪ DO NOT Rely on weather forecasts! These are only predictions (especially precipitation) and not necessarily what will take place. For example, there are many days throughout the summer in Erie, PA that are forecasted a certain percentage of rain but turn out to be gorgeous days. Do not be scared by the rain cloud on TV or online…especially when its only a 10-30% chance.
▪ If the morning looks uncertain, there is a very high probability it will be beautiful once the sun gets higher in the sky; usually somewhere between 10am to 12pm. We will not cancel unless it’s proven otherwise.
▪ We will not cancel based on a weather predictions or before the morning has a chance to clear up.
▪ While some parts of the bay or lake may be windy and rough other parts may be calmer and very nice. We will gladly show you where the best places to go are based on weather conditions.
▪ Dress for the weather. It can be a good idea to pack a sweatshirt, windbreaker, or blanket in case you get a little chilly.
▪ Occasionally we get the brief thundershower. As long as it is not an all day event we do not allow for cancellations or partial refunds
▪ Less weather discrepancy on boats: Generally, cancellations occur only if it is a rainout day or extremely windy/choppy across the majority of the bay or lake.
▪ We at Hidden Harbor Water Rentals want you to enjoy your experience with our equipment out on the water. If you have any questions regarding our weather policies or changes in the rental charge because of weather please feel free to give us a call.
▪ Gas is not included on rentals.
▪ There will be a full tank of gas at the start of the rental. The equipment will be refueled by Hidden Harbor Water Rentals or marina staff and paid by the renter at the end of the rental.
▪ Remember to have funds (i.e. cash or Visa/MasterCard) on hand to pay for the fuel at the end of the rental.